Thursday, January 15, 2009

Twenty Dollars


In all of the hubbub and excitement over Taylor's birthday--the mounds of presents, the helicopters, the fancy shoes, a lapdance by Tucker, birthday wishes on this very blog--an important part of the celebration may have gotten overlooked.  I'm referring to Taylor's gift to us, his fans.  That gift came in the form of a story he had found on the web and that he shared with us, dedicated to all his friends at the FratPad.

I've found the story myself online and am posting it below:

A well-known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20 bill. In the room of 200, he asked. "Who would like this $20 bill?"
Hands started going up. He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you - but first, let me do this."
He proceeded to crumple the 20 dollar note up. He then asked. "Who still wants it?" Still the hands were up in the air.
"Well," he replied, "what if I do this?" He dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?"
Still the hands went into the air.
"My friends, you have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20.
Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless; but no matter what happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value.
Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still priceless to those who love you. The worth of our lives comes, not in what we do or who we know, but by... WHO WE ARE.
You are special - don't ever forget it."

Wise words.  Thank you, Taylor.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Professor,

Thank you so much for posting this. It is just another reason why we love our dear friend Taylor.
In addition, meeting you and the other members was a highlight of 2008 for me. I never thought that I could have as much fun as I am having here with all of you.

Taylor, I love you so much and to see the love that comes your way from everyone here speaks volumes about the person you are.

Thanks for sharing so much with all of us.

Love

Disney069


P S (Sorry to be so sappy but you just bring it out in me)

howdy said...

omg professor~

i was just getting over taylor and you had to go and make me fall in love all over again. :)

ok taylor so are u saying i'm worth $20??? LOL

taylor you're such an AMAZING guy.

you know taylor, honestly, i usually don't like one fratmen this length of time. i mean it's been 5 months and i still think you're KEWL.

i haven't gotten sick of u yet. LOL

i LOVE u taylor~

Anonymous said...

that was so deep i love it..

richman said...

Yes, Professor it is great that you remembered that for us all. Thank you so much.

Disney I'm greatful you love my boy Taylor and that you see what a great guy he is.

howdy, I love you

jeff, we need to know each other better

greghems said...

Wow! my soul explodes when I hear sweet words from Taylor.

Taylor - You are Amazing! Thanks for making us so happy! You have such a gift of touching people's hearts.

phoblue said...

this it the best post so far...

very beautiful...