Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Your Face

The last time that I saw your face,
A world away in cyberspace,
Your clear blue eyes, your full-lipped smile
Would have to last me for a while.

You waved goodbye, two fingers high,
Saluting as I felt a sigh
Of longing welling in my heart,
Knowing soon you would depart
To spend some time with those held dear,
Your mom and friends, so far from here.

I knew not then what would transpire
To hold you there, a test of fire
That burns Life's lessons, like a brand,
Painful, hard to understand,
Upon the fabric of your soul,
You want to stay; you have to go.


Such challenges are hard to bear.
It's hardly right; it's seldom fair,
But this, my friend, is part of living.
It goes on taking; it keeps on giving.

Still midst it all, for what it's worth,
I'm glad that I can share the Earth
With someone I may never know,
Yet somehow always helps me grow
To be the best that I can be,
To love, to learn, to hear, to see
The world anew, to know such grace
The next time that I see your face.




6 comments:

John1964 said...

what a great set of words buttman... cant wait to see taylor back at the pad

richman said...

TN, that is so beautiful, it has touched my heart deeply, we share our love for Taylor, that makes us brothers forever.
Thanks my brother.

pochaco said...

WOW! So Buttman is not just an artist, he's a poet too. And a very good one at that. Thank you Buttman for making this post.
I Love it!

Anonymous said...

Being a newbie, I find Tnbuttman's statement inspiring.
He has expressed how dedicated Taylor members think, including myself, and I hope that Taylor remains for Season 5.
If not then my Fratpad experience for now is over.

wine40 said...

The previous anonymous comment was posted by me 'wine40'.
Hopefully I can post more when Taylor returns from his Easter holiday with his family.

Disney said...

Buttman,

That was beautiful. You are truly talented and I am so glad to be here with you. These words come from the heart and I feel the same way. Thanks for sharing this.

Taylor,

I love you so much and I treasure all the time that I have spent with you.

Disney069