Thursday, June 11, 2009

the Garden Fairy

There's a Fairy at the Bottom of My Garden
by Janice M. Pickett
.

There's a fairy at the bottom of my garden.
He flits in and out of my flowers.
I can sit on the step here and watch him.
He stays there for hours and hours

His wings are so golden and flimsy.
His little body a few inches in size,
but his heart is his biggest attraction
and that isn't any surprise.

For the fairy at the bottom of my garden
spends his day saving the bees;
for they keep on taking the pollen,
but dropping it each time they sneeze

I bet you didn't know that the buzzers
had allergies from pollen, sad hey?
The sound that you thought was just buzzing
are bee's that are sneezing away.

Now this fairy works hard as he
gathers the droplets of sweet pollen that fall,
diving and swooping and gathering up
and rolling it into a ball.

He sings an enchanting little melody
that sounds like a gentle wind chime.
Oh how I would love to have a fairy
to pick up after me all the time.

6 comments:

pochaco said...

Pochaco running to the garden to look for the garden fairy lol
I love it Buttman :-)

John1964 said...

Have the garden fairy fly to las Vegas next pochaco.... my garden needs tending too :D

Bigman74 said...

I love it...I love the garden fairy...and I love you all....very nice post :)

Zepp said...

But is there a fairy at the garden of your bottom?

Prof. FigoFan said...

buttman, you come up with these posts that work in such unexpected ways. Your post of Taylor in the car was erotic in some mysterious way that I couldn't put my finger on, and now I find this post sweet and moving, rather than silly, which is what I expected when I first caught sight of it.

Bravo!

Disney said...

Buttman,

Thanks for another great post. Your imagination never ceases to amaze!! I love this garden fairy for sure!!