Saturday, August 15, 2009

The King's Farewell

Here's a transcription of Taylor's speech
for those unable to view the archives.



This is what I wrote for you guys:


I’m leaving today simply because I messed up. I made a stupid decision that I will regret the rest of my life. I have given contact and bank information away to a member in hopes of doing so would help me with my future education expenses and financial stability. I have encountered many different types and sources of temptation while I have been here at the Pad. And I have always done correctly and resisted them.



This time was another routine example of temptation to accept financial security. But this time, it was a different type of temptation that I haven’t encountered before and didn’t know how to handle, and let greed get the best of me. I was put at ease by being told by the member that it would all be secret, kept quiet, and that it has even been done for other fratmen in the past without anyone finding out.


This time, I didn’t know how to handle the temptation, and I turned into a different person for just a short amount of time and gave away my information, only to feel shortly after like I had done wrong and was in doubt of my decisions — regretting them horribly — wanting to reverse what I had done, but it was too late.


I wish I had had the guts to tell Leo right after it happened, what I had just did, because that’s what I felt needed to be done. But I felt like that would have gotten me a plane ticket home as well. I was put in between a rock and a hard place, and I can’t blame that on anyone but myself.


At this point, all I really had was three options: one option being no one was going to find out and I would feel guilty for who knows [how] long (probably forever for giving out the information); or I could have spoke up and came out with it to Leo before I got in too deep and potentially got sent home; or Leo would simply find out the way he didn’t want to and that was thru the member that I gave the information to and definitely get sent home. I made the wrong decision. And that is why I’m going home tomorrow.


I feel horrible for the actions I have done, and I want to sincerely apologize to all of you and to everyone associated with this company. I never wanted to seem or act like I could beat this system, or anything of that kind. I just let greed and selfishness get the best of me.

I have learned from this mistake like I have from all of my mistakes in life, and this has made me a stronger person. It’s just unfortunate that I had to learn the hard way. But sometimes that’s just how it works. We have to learn the hard way sometimes.


The Pad has made me a better, more understanding person, and I have and never will regret my decisions for coming here. This last year has been the time of my life, getting the opportunity to do so many things like travel, establish financial stability, and meet so many wonderful and interesting people. Every day I turned on my cam to start my show… [breaks down here] It’s funny because I … it wasn’t this damn hard to read the thing before I came on cam, so I’m sorry. This is really difficult. I never wanted it to end this way… never…[sobs] Let me finish the little bit I have here.


I will never forget everything the Pad has given me, and I am extremely thankful for that. I will continue my quest in education when I leave here, and one day I will be proud to let you all know that I have succeeded in school by informing Leo or by having the opportunity to tell you all myself.


I love you all very much and I always will. And I will never forget all of this and most importantly, all of you. I wish you all love, happiness, good health, and success for all of your futures and nothing but the best. This has been the time of my life, and thank you all for giving me this opportunity. God bless you all.

10 comments:

horne said...

I remember my very first private with Taylor and I told him to listen to "Lost In Your Eyes" by Debbie Gibson, because everytime I saw Taylor on cam, I would always get lost in his eyes, I know, that sounds corny, but its true. Now, I can't even look into his eyes in this picture without feeling the need to reach out and give Taylor a great big bear hug and start crying myself.... :>(

BronkoBoi said...

Tay:
I went to sleep last nite and woke up this morning and my heart was still so heavy with emotion from last nite! I know all this will pass in time as will your hurt. Please don't feel like you let us down or yourself! You gave us your all and way beyond what any of us could have expected of you! All the tears in the world cannot wash away all the good you achieved at the pad and the enjoyment you have given to all the members without reservation. Nothing lasts forever, but all the good times and sentimental times we shared with you will definately last forever. Keep smiling and as wayne would say"you little ole dumplin"
your the greatest and nobody can ever take that away from you! Hang in there Tay, everybody is on your side!
Love you much!

ShaunnyBoy said...

I wish I could've sang this to you. I only called in once, it and seemed to me that you wanted me to call in cause you knew it may be the last time I would have the chance to talk to you...so this is to you Taylor. I can't wait for the day to come that we will meet again. I know your future will be awesome. Cause you deserve nothing less than awesome. I'll miss your goofy ass! Love you dude.
-ShaunnyBoy

So lately, been wondering
Who will be there to take my place
When I'm gone, you'll need love, to light the shadows on your face
If a great wave shall fall, and fall upon us all
Then between the sand and stone, could you make it on your own...
If I could, then I would
I'd go wherever you will go
Way up high, or down low, I'd go wherever you will go
And Maybe, I'll find out
A way to make it back someday
To watch you, to guide you, through the darkest of your days
If a great wave shall fall, and fall upon us all
Well then I hope there's someone out there who can bring me back to you...
If I could, then I would, I'd go wherever you will go, way up high, or down low, I'd go wherever you will go
Run away with my heart,
Run away with my hope,
Run away with my love...
I know now, just quite how
My life and love might still go on
In your heart, in your mind, I'll stay with you for all of time
If I could, then I would, I'd go wherever you will go
Way up high, or down low, I'd go wherever you will go
If I could turn back time,
I'd go wherever you will go,
If I could make you mine,
I'd go wherever you will go.

Prof. FigoFan said...

Thank you for posting this, buttman. Having seen the goodbye live, I don't know if I could bear to watch the archive, but it's good to be able to read the words, as I'm still trying to wrap my head around what happened, how to feel about it, what to do with those feelings....

hotnsweat4boys said...

I was busy yesterday, so I never got to see the show, until I returned home and watched the Archive.

Oh my dear Tay, will be missing you terribley and hope you have great success in your future. Its horrible a person could do this to you, and well Tay just wanted to say WE ALL LOVE YOU no matter what.

In our hearts and memories for ever xx

richman said...

Yes horne, Taylor's awesome big blue yes lost me at first sight.
I've never loved a guy like I do love Taylor. My heart is shattered.

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting this Buttman.
We all have very heavy hearts, I wish I knew a way to just make this all go away, but alas I have no magic powers. Taylor will never be forgotten, he was the best. Long Live the King! I will miss him so very much.

tbone said...

Thank you Buttman for posting the letter.

Thank you Taylor for being such a great friend this last year. I will miss you. I wish you all the best.

jostopa said...

thank you for posting this.

Anonymous said...

I remember the first time that I joined the fratpad. it was a year ago and taylor was the first fratman that i ever watch on the live cam. That day as he ended his show i watch the sun fade as his shift ended. I remember the he was the one who introduced me to coffee and milk chocolate. and we would clink our cups. "clinky clinky" i remember when he knighted me and i became HS_KNIGHT_JEFF. you guys were like a second family to me and i just left you guys without a goodbye without anything. and for what just to be fooled by some guy who just felt sorry for me. well that was a mistake and now that im back my most favorite fratman is now gone. I feel so bad and sad that i wasnt even able to say gobye to you Taylor. I really miss you and you goofyness and how you could make me smile even though i was having a rough. Sorry i wasnt there for you to say goodbye. I miss you a lot and will never forget how awesome you were.

"clinky clinky"

x0x0
love,
jeffie