Friday, May 7, 2010

I"m Still Here

Nashville received 28% of its annual rainfall in 2 days on May 1st & 2nd. When normally 100 feet wide rivers expand to 2,900 feet, here's what happens...

While my home is safe, without power, I've been unable to post. Instead I've been helping friends cope with this disaster. Even the smallest contribution goes a long way to restore folks lives and faith. So many have lost absolutely everything.

Here's a link to The Community Foundation if you'd like to contribute.

8 comments:

richman said...

I'm happy you are well, Sir Buttman> We had here 288mm of rain in one day in February, 4 times the amount expected for the whole month. Nature is going crazy!!!!

howdy said...

buttman,

i'm glad you survived that nightmare. i feel bad for those people who got their houses ruined. i hope no one got hurt.

*hugs*
♥howdy

TNbuttman said...

Unfortunately, nine Nashvillians lost their lives, bringing the total to thirty-one throughout the flooded areas.

howdy said...

that's just sad news buttman. :(

good luck in rebuilding your community.

pochaco said...

Buttman, it is a relief to know that you're OK! I'm very glad to see you again :-)

Prof. FigoFan said...

buttman, I'm so glad to know you're OK and sorry to hear about the suffering of your friends. I've made a small donation. Thank you for pointing me to that site.

Prof. FigoFan said...

P.S. for richman: I heard about the flooding in Rio last month, and thought about you. The death toll there was much higher than in Nashville. However, knowing you live in sumptuous penthouse digs, I figured you'd be OK. I hope you are, and I hope all your friends and loved ones got through OK as well.

Disney said...

Sorry I am very late on this as well but I am glad to see you are ok Buttman. It was nice seeing you on FMTV last week!!

Love you
DIS