Monday, August 24, 2009

An Open Letter

I really haven't said anything about my thoughts about Taylor leaving other then I miss him, I really do miss Taylor. I really consider Taylor a friend, I was so excited when he would return from his vacation with his family because we had come up with a plan to help him to maybe stay a little bit longer at the Pad. Taylor wanted to stay and I wanted to support him in that.

That said, Taylor made a mistake here. Taylor's mistake sent waves, so many waves, through our little community and it sucks. Other people I consider my friends I don't get to chat with anymore because of Taylor's mistake. It sucks there is no way around it. Just because someone is your friend doesn't mean you allow them to make a mistake and forgive them immediately. Friends need to be honest with each other and asking for Taylor to be forgiven based soley on him being popular is very childish. Taylor needed to suffer the consequences he received for his mistake. Please notice I refer to this as a mistake, because its not a reflection of Taylor's character to me, it was a slip in his judgement.

Taylor - I miss you, I remember the night Ty got sent home and you told us you wouldn't leave us on a rules break. I remember the Sunday morning we all talked about how we would be happy to see you go and celebrate you moving onto the next stage of your life. The mistake you made robbed us of that. It upsets me you made such a selfish decision. I wish you the best in everything, I hope you still consider me your friend, because I really would like to celebrate all of your successes in life as your friend.

Fletcher - We knew it was you before it was announced. How dare you try to act as if you had nothing but good intentions when asking Taylor for that information? You had specific intentions when offering Taylor money and you had specific intentions when coming forward. You had no wake up call and felt guilty for it, you were mad at Taylor for not catering to you. You were deliberate in what did and we all see it and know it. You are a dirty person. You want to help a disadvantaged youth, help one in your community. Taylor is no charity case for you to feel sorry for.

Pad management - I support the tough choice you had to make here and it sucks you had to make it. Thank you for the goodbye shift, saying goodbye is so important for the little bit of closure it offers everyone. I think this rule needs to be a hard one for any fratmen. However the waivering on possibly not banning fletcher makes me doubt your leadership. I feel he needs to be banned and any member who asks for private information should be warned its not tolerated. It takes two people to break that rule at the Pad and it needs to be enforced harshly.

Thanks for listening to me. I love being a knight, I love being a part of the kingdom. I hope we all stay in touch and we all remain friends.

10 comments:

boyzr4fun69 said...

AMEN KISMET!!!! I completely believe every word you said in this letter. What upset me the most is the cascade effect this could have on the other fratmen. Being friends with Taylor on FACEBOOK or MYSPACE with their "real" personal info out there; he put all of them at risk and that is what upset me!!! As for Fletcher, I agree he had other motives and should remain banned, we all know these cardinal rules, and know the consequences.
So, horray to you kismet for stating the unfortunate truth.

Love and miss all that left,
Markus

howdy said...

everbody makes mistakes in life. i just wish people would learn how to forgive.

jostopa said...

...probably the best letter i have read so far on taylors blog.... Little tip though, even if your banned, and i have been banned in the past ...when your membership expires...you can buy another membership and go back in with a different name.... SO even if fletcher gets banned....wont make a difference.

Unknown said...

Very good letter, Kismet. I agree with what you have said. This was Taylor's mistake and he paid the price. John and Leo did what they had to do. This whole episode was unfortunate for the pad and the members, but the pad will go forward. I agree also that Fletcher should be banned forever.
billydm

howdy said...

it's funny, management bans me and ponders over whether to bring fletcher back. GREAT management!

John1964 said...

To Err is Human

Psydekick said...

yep John, and to forgive, divine.

jostopa said...

Again ..banning fletcher wont make a difference ..he could just go back under a different name. I HAVE done that more then ounce.

Byron said...

Taylor is the single best internet encounter and greatest friend I known amongst all my greatest friends.
Even though I only knew him from the internet he has made a loving mark on so many aspects of my life
especially my artwork that through the site mail the communication was always proof positive that he is a great human being that believes in himself as he in
turn believes in others take care Tay! Love to all the
Knights and friends of KING TAYLOR! I hope we all remain friends and I will save comments on the letter
for another day since I have been away and am shocked and surprised at the present turn of events.

Thanks,

BYRONARTISTKNIGHT

POTUS said...

Kismet

I would say that I agree with what you wrote, but would like to add one note. I don't think too many of us believe Taylor should not have been punished...what he did was wrong and he needs to pay the price. Many of us believe termination is too harsh. I think a full season suspension would be more fitting.